Simple and basic Spanish Rice Recipe.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients Direct link to this section
- 1 cup long grain white rice (rinsed and let dry)
- 1/8 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 tsp Knorr Caldo de Pollo seasoning (no sub - secret ingredient)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
Instructions Direct link to this section
- In blender, puree tomato paste, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup of water.
- In a medium size heavy bottom pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add rice. Cook rice stirring frequently until golden brown and toasty smelling.
- Add puree and continue cooking for another minute stirring constantly.
- Add reamining 1-1/2 cups of water, the caldo de pollo seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover, turn down to lowest heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off heat, lift lid to release excess moisture and heat, recover, and let rest for 10 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes, fluff rice and serve.