Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Cream Sauce
Delicious pasta dish. Rich and creamy sauce. Just the right amount of heat.
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients Direct link to this section
- 12 oz Rigatoni noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopoped medium onion
- 1 lb spicy ground sausage
- 3-6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (use less or omit if ground sausage is spicy enough)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Instructions Direct link to this section
- Heat oil in large pan, cook onion just until they begin to soften. Start a pot of water for the noodles.
- Add sausage to the onions. Cook and crumble.
- Once sausage is just about done cooking, add the minced garlic. Once the garlic is browned up, drain any excess fat if desired.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and simmer until thickened. ~15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cooke the noodles per box instructions.
- Once sauce is thickened up, add the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Turn off heat, add noddles and stir to coat.
- Nom nom nom.